One of my very favorite things on the internet are link roundups. I cannot get enough. So without further ado, I give you… my very first link roundup. Enjoy!
Meyers-Briggs meets kitchen style. Dig it.
I was not this cool as a teenager.
Nor was I this cool.
I love anything that creates a wallpaper effect that doesn’t actually involve wallpaper. This is super cute.
OMG, this woman is my hero. KILLING IT. (via Go Fug Yourself)
I love this Beauty Uniform series on Cup of Jo.
And finally, a video of baby sloths.
Let’s share our love of all things crafting supplies today! Since my (adorably) petite apartment doesn’t allow for an entire room dedicated to crafting, I have to pick and choose my favorite materials so they don’t take over. Even so, it gets a little dicey sometimes. The kitchen table is covered in DIY business just as often as it’s covered in food. Here are the supplies that always make the cut.
- Mod Podge (I mean, come on. This stuff is amazing. Gloss? Matte? Don’t even get me started on the Dimensional Magic. Just yes.)
- Yarn (I’m a very slow knitter and crocheter, but that’s not all that yarn is good for. So many Christmas ornaments started as lowly balls of yarn.)
- Felt (Excellent for Halloween costumes, Christmas ornament, and pretty much everything else.)
- Circle Cutter (Game. Changer.)
- ALL THE PAPER (Thanks, Joann Fabrics coupons!)
- Iron On Stuff (This has been my go-to present material for a while now. Printed sheets for custom designs or iron on letters for graphic tees. Solid.)
- Hot Glue (Am I the only one that consistently ignores Martha Stewart’s advice to keep a bowl of ice water nearby?)
- Jars (This can get into hoarding territory. But they’re so useful! All the DIY stuff goes in these bad boys.)
- Glitter. (This is divisive, I know.)
- Superglue (I have a love-hate relationship with this guy. Mostly because I cannot use it without getting on myself. Seriously, every single time. It’s a problem.)
So there you have it! The crafting supplies I can’t live without. What about you? Am I missing anything you think would change my craft game? Share!
New series time!
Now, you know I love me a good theme party. (Or if you didn’t, fun fact: I love theme parties.) But there are only so many occasions over the course of the year for such shenanigans. I know, it’s real sad. HOWEVER! We can find ways to slip thematic festivities into any old day we want! Let’s kick it off with “In the mood for… wallowing.” Hear me out, it doesn’t sound festive, but sometimes you just need to wallow in all the feelings. Maybe you’re dealing with a breakup. (I never liked that asshole.) Maybe you’re rocking a sweet case of PMS. (I never liked that uterus.) Don’t fret. I got you.
- Fuzzy Ass Blanket
- Rom Com: So many good ones out there, but I tend to stick with the classics. When Harry Met Sally. You’ve Got Mail. Or for some international flair, French Kiss.
- Goodies: This looks damn tasty. I don’t think the addition of bourbon would hurt anything, either. However, depending on how deep you’re wallowing, think carefully about that. And the fact that this recipe involves fire. I will not be held responsible for any kitchen fires during wallow time. Sometimes it’s best to stick with our old pals, Ben and Jerry.
- Maybe you’re a savory kind of gal or guy. Boom. Two tasty treats in one.
- Face Mask: In the immortal words of Donna Meagle, treat yo self. This business is amazing. I used it once and my dry ass desert face was INTO IT. If you’re looking for a satisfying tactile experience, you can’t go wrong with a peel off mask. It’s the classy version of peeling dried glue off your hands.
Are you a wallower? What are your favorite ways to wallow?
Well, gang, it’s time!
I decided to start up this little blog as a way to share cool shit with cool people. What kind of cool shit? Theme parties, tasty foods, empowering articles, and neat tidbits from the internet at large. Does that sound like it’s up your alley? If so, keep reading!
Let’s do this!